Thursday, March 24, 2011

Fill/Balancing


I chose the fill shot as my select.  These kids were playing basketball on my street and I thought it would be a great opportunity to work on fill especially since the sun was bright, but not hitting them directly.  Obviously I didn't shoot in the bright mid-day sun.  It was about 5:30 in the evening but still very bright outside and the fill was necessary by that point to catch the detail on their faces.  I adjusted flash compensation up and down but found a happy medium around -2.2.

I chose this shot because the fill is hitting the girls pretty evenly and you can see the emotion in both of their faces.  Cosette, left, had to get seven stitches in her foot the day before and couldn't wait to show her friend Meira. It's something you can relate to because as a child we all loved showing our battle wounds and grossing our friends out.

No comments:

Post a Comment