Thursday, March 10, 2011

Single Flash

This assignment was really tough.  I didn't end up with any takes I really liked.  I only had four real shots from my first take that would have been in any way acceptable, so I took my two selects both from my second take.  My subjects were students from a volunteer group called Stress Busters.  This group is put together by the student health center.  They provide free massages at events on campus.  In these shots they are practicing some of the new techniques they were recently taught by a professional massage therapist.  Some of my takes look kind of strange, like there is some funny business going on,  because there isn't  a lot of context in the photos. 

It was a very dimly lit room, which helped me eliminate what little additional light was avaliable.  Unfortunalty their bright white t-shirts mixed with dim flourescent lights seemed to eat all my flash light.  Their white shirts would relfect my light from the direction I was shooting from and I lost a lot of the details in their face.  I tried to move around to get a better flash posistion but it wasn't very successful.  When I look at these shots now I wish I would have gotten higher and tried to get a shot from above to change persepective and maybe that would have lit up the situation more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment